Applications are now open for our Spring 2019 cohort!
We’re looking to invest in 4-6 companies in the spring of 2019 who are building world-changing technologies in food, water, transportation, and energy. Examples of applicable technologies include community solar, low energy food storage, grid security, localized wastewater treatment, and low cost last-mile transportation. Our aim is to increase access to clean technologies by bringing deployment opportunities to entrepreneurs solving Alaskan challenges with relevance to global markets. We have two program tracks.
Check out our Applicant Packet for details.
Customer DEvelopment Track
The Customer Development Track is a 13 week intensive program that aims to get you to revenue and validate the next stage of your business model.
We seek innovative companies that:
- Have a minimum viable product (lab tested)
- Are validating their business model
- Are seeking to secure their first customer
- Are raising seed stage funding, with some outside capital raised
The Demonstration Track is for technology companies that have identified a demonstration partner in Alaska—if not, we recommend first applying to Launch Alaska’s Customer Demonstration Track.
We prefer companies that:
- Have revenues or are actively seeking to secure first revenues
- Have a high impact demonstration project concept
- Need a demonstration project to secure early customers or to validate a new market
what we provide
- $75k in funding (Customer Development Track)
- Up to $1 Million in non-dilutive funding (Demonstration Track)
- Technical assistance
- Introductions to customers, investors, corporates, and other strategic partners
- Co-working space
We’re looking for innovative firms who are serious about scaling up. Firms that graduate from an accelerator have a higher rate of survival, and are more likely to receive additional investment—about 30% of firms graduating from a GAN-member accelerator receive second round investment, at an average of $1.9m. In addition to this possibility, you’ll receive mentoring and relationships with corporations, utilities, and experienced entrepreneurs.
Learn more about our program in our Applicant Packet.